Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Leif Podhajsky

I've been milling over this idea for a really long time now and I decided that I need to start seperating my interests in design from me chronicling my life. I'm sure there are so many people who just dgaf about what's going on in my life and just want to see cool shit. I am also right in the middle of my first year of a graphic design bachelor and really need to focus on educating myself instead of merely appreciating work. I am doing this in the hopes that my knowledge will expand and I'll consequently produce better and more interesting work.

My first post is about my favourite artist designer of right now, Leif Podhajsky. All my friend understand my absolute appreciation of his work and how I idolise him and his aesthetic. He has influenced a lot of my processes and designs lately and I feel like right now he is one of the most important people I should recognise before I get started on who else I love. Leif isn't the reason I want to do graphic design but he is the reason why I feel like I can do this. His simple but stupidly effective style, especially uses of colour and shape, are so influential and to be honest I feel like right now it's become a movement in graphic design (on a small scale) that I really hope I am thought to be a part of.



My favourite works by Leif are part of the Coagulated Physique series, but his video work is incredible as well.

His whole process appears to be pretty simple which I think is why it's so effective, I just wish I knew how to use Photoshop well enough to manipulate photographs so seamlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment