Saturday, December 3, 2011

Herb Lubalin

Wow. Such a long hiatus. In the time where I wasn't posting here, I was moving out of home and having my tonsils out and getting a new job and all these other things. But I have been learning! And have finished university for the year, with a very nice 5 and 6 for the two subjects I completed. I'm here to post about Herb Lubalin. I am posting about Herb Lubalin because I accidentally came across his work twice today.

The first time was when I reblogged some work of his on my Tumblr.
The second time was when I recommended that a friend of mine use Avant Garde Light for a video he was making, and looked it up on Wikipedia.

The joke about ITC Avant Garde is that it only looks good when I says "AVANT GARDE", and I'd have to agree that this is true. I guess the reason that it looks it's best when it says "AVANT GARDE" is because it was made by Lubalin for a magazine called "Avant Garde".



He's a pretty amazing guy and I really just admire the prolific quality of the work he produced. I don't know a lot about him, but I know that he did a lot of work for magazines, and he created some of the most clever and incredible logos I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment